The Executive Committee of YESAB is made up of the Chair and two Board members. The Committee has the following responsibilities under YESAA:
- Conducting screenings;
- Reviewing plans and existing projects;
- Establishing Panels of the board, developing the terms of reference for reviews of projects, existing projects and plans;
- Negotiating agreements for joint panel reviews;
- Providing advice about audits and effects monitoring;
- Carrying out effects monitoring or project audits when requested to do so by a minister or a First Nation; and
- Conducting reviews or carrying out research when requested to do so by a minister or a First Nation.