Timeline Statistics for Assessments
YESAB maintains a collection of assessment statistics to help proponents understand the average time it may take to complete an assessment. The statistics published here are estimates that use 90% of the projects assessed by YESAB for a specific timeframe. This gives proponents and participants a realistic estimate that they can use to plan and prepare their project proposals.
Reduce the Amount of Time an Assessment Takes
It has been our experience that the majority of projects move through the assessment process faster if proponents:
- Talk to a YESAB assessor to fully understand what is required within your project proposal.
- Ensure your project proposal is complete and contains the information and level of detail required for assessment.
- Respond to any information requests quickly and completely.
- Submit your project proposal directly online through the YESAB Online Registry.
- Inform the local community and First Nations about your proposed project activities.
- Monitor your project online during the assessment process.
Completed Executive Committee Screenings
Proposal submission to recommendation sent. Includes proponent time and assessor time.
|Project||Total Days||Days in Adequacy||Assessor Time||Proponent Time|
|Carmacks Copper Mine(Copper North)||872 days||351 days||53%||47%|
|Transmission Line(Yukon Electrical)||397 days||112 days||84%||15%|
|Mayo B Hydro Project(Yukon Electrical)||436 days||158 days||53%||47%|
|Eagle Gold Mine(Victoria Gold Corporation)||792 days||210 days||56%||44%|
|Mactung Mine – Referral(North American Tungsten)||2002 days||289 days||45%||53%|
|Diesel – Natural Gas Conversion Project(Yukon Electrical)||308 days||70 days||96%||4%|
|Stewart-Keno Transmission Line(Yukon Electrical)||153 days||56 days||100%||0%|