Key features of YESAA
- A single assessment process that will apply throughout Yukon, to all projects, and to the federal, territorial and First Nation governments.
- A neutral process done at arms length from governments.
- A high level of transparency – decisions and actions will include written reasons and will be made available on the public registry.
- Broader consideration of socio-economic factors.
- Guaranteed opportunities for public participation.
- Guaranteed opportunities for First Nation participation.
- Traditional and local knowledge considered during assessments.
- Increased certainty regarding information requirements, as well as mandatory timelines for both assessment and decision-making stages.