YESAA and Related Documents
Chapter 12 of the Yukon First Nations Final Agreements called for the establishment by federal legislation of an assessment process that would apply to all lands within Yukon: federal, territorial, First Nation and private. The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act (YESAA) was given Parliamentary Royal Assent on May 13, 2003. The federal legislation outlines the assessment process for Yukon.
The Assessable Activities, Exceptions and Executive Committee Projects Regulations contain two schedules which set out the activities that are and are not subject to assessment under YESAA. The third schedule sets out whether a project should be submitted for an Executive Committee screening. The Decision Body Time Periods and Consultation Regulations outline the time periods and consultation process among Decision Bodies.
- Assessable Activities, Exceptions and Executive Committee Projects Regulations
- Decision Body Time Periods and Consultation Regulations
Pursuant to its authority under YESAA, the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board has made the Rules for Evaluations Conducted by Designated Offices and the Rules for Screenings Conducted by the Executive Committee. These Rules provide the framework for conducting assessments.
- Rules for Evaluations Conducted by Designated Offices
- Rules for Screenings Conducted by the Executive Committee
- Rules for Reviews Conducted by Panels of the YESAB
Assessment Flow Charts
These flow charts outline the stages and time periods for all phases of the Designated Office evaluation and Executive Committee screening process.
- Designated Office evaluation process – Flow Chart
- Executive Committee screening process – Flow Chart